Poker Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

My Life, Photo Journal

Earliest picture of me, about 6 months old, taken during the summer of 1963. The Beatles were popular in Europe, but had not yet crossed the Atlantic, JFK was president. All was good, no wonder I had such a big smile.


My first birthday. by ObieVIP
My first birthday. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
My first birthday, stuck my foot in the middle of that cake right after this was taken. I still have that Dutch cabinet in my laundry room.


Me at two years old, I briefly decided to become a vegetarian and ate the dirt from the flower pot. by ObieVIP
Me at two years old. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at two years old, I briefly decided to become a vegetarian and ate the dirt from the flower pot.


Me at three. I wish that guy taking the picture would hold that silly bird still, he's going to give me ADD. by ObieVIP
Me at three. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at three. I wish that guy taking the picture would hold that silly bird still, he's going to give me ADD.


Me at four. I had heard Brett Farve was going to retire from pre-school, so I got his number. by ObieVIP
Me at four. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at four. I had heard Brett Farve was going to retire from pre-school, so I got his number.


Me at five. I could have been the Wendy's logo if only they let me grow my hair longer. by ObieVIP
Me at five. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at five. I could have been the Wendy's logo if only they let me grow my hair longer.


Me at six. Although my pants are still at four. My younger brother has the same problem. I blame the parents. by ObieVIP
Me at six. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at six. Although my pants are still at four. My younger brother has the same problem. I blame the parents.


Me at seven. Can't imagine why I would need a watch.  Maybe it was a fashion statement. by ObieVIP
Me at seven. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at seven. Can't imagine why I would need a watch. Maybe it was a fashion statement.


Me at eight. I was wearing converse before they were retro. by ObieVIP
Me at eight. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at eight. I was wearing converse before they were retro.


Me at nine. Discovering that girls really like this party stuff. by ObieVIP
Me at nine. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at nine. Discovering that girls really like this party stuff.


Me at ten. Yes, I was a member of a para-military organization. by ObieVIP
Me at ten. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at ten. Yes, I was a member of a para-military organization.


Me at eleven. I love how Instagram can make really old pictures look old. by ObieVIP
Me at eleven. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at eleven. I love how Instagram can make really old pictures look old.


Me at twelve. Before free agency ruined baseball. by ObieVIP
Me at twelve. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at twelve. Before free agency ruined baseball.


Me at thirteen. Chillaxin. by ObieVIP
Me at thirteen. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at thirteen. Chillaxin.


Me at fourteen. OMG on that hair, well it was the seventies. by ObieVIP
Me at fourteen. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at fourteen. OMG on that hair, well it was the seventies.


Me at fifteen. Family portrait and that's what I wore?  I need to be on queer eye. by ObieVIP
Me at fifteen. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at fifteen. Family portrait and that's what I wore? I need to be on queer eye.


Me at sixteen with my mom. Got my drivers license the day I turned 16, wrecked the car the very next day. by ObieVIP
Me at sixteen with my mom. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at sixteen with my mom. Got my drivers license the day I turned 16, wrecked the car the very next day.


Me at seventeen. The world is my oyster, life is good. by ObieVIP
Me at seventeen. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at seventeen. The world is my oyster, life is good.


Me at eighteen. Graduated from high school and time to get a real job. by ObieVIP
Me at eighteen. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at eighteen. Graduated from high school and time to get a real job.


Me at nineteen. What are you going to do with your life? by ObieVIP
Me at nineteen. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at nineteen. What are you going to do with your life?


Me at twenty. Joined the US Air Force. Now this was a life changing experience. by ObieVIP
Me at twenty. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at twenty. Joined the US Air Force. Now this was a life changing experience.


Me at twenty-one. On the riffle drill team, they gave us guns and taught us how to march. However, in the Air Force we don't shoot people, we push buttons. by ObieVIP
Me at twenty-one. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at twenty-one. On the riffle drill team, they gave us guns and taught us how to march. However, in the Air Force we don't shoot people, we push buttons.


Me at twenty-two. Just bought my first car, I'm going to miss walking. by ObieVIP
Me at twenty-two. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at twenty-two. Just bought my first car, I'm going to miss walking.


Me at twenty-three. Do you think these polo shirts will catch on? by ObieVIP
Me at twenty-three. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at twenty-three. Do you think these polo shirts will catch on?


Me at twenty-four. These were the largest goggles I could buy. by ObieVIP
Me at twenty-four. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at twenty-four. These were the largest goggles I could buy.


Me at twenty-five. Before Al Gore invented the Internet, he invented the newspaper. by ObieVIP
Me at twenty-five. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at twenty-five. Before Al Gore invented the Internet, he invented the newspaper.


Me at twenty-six, with my younger brother. I got the brains and he got the, ohh wait, I got that too.


Me at twenty-seven. This was a backyard bar-b-que party, why did I show up in a toga? by ObieVIP
Me at twenty-seven. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at twenty-seven. This was a backyard bar-b-que party, why did I show up in a toga?


Me at twenty-eight, with my mom & dad. It may be hard to see me cause I'm wearing camouflage.


Me at twenty-nine. The camera adds at least 10 pounds, looks like I ate three of them. by ObieVIP
Me at twenty-nine. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at twenty-nine. The camera adds at least 10 pounds, looks like I ate three of them.


Me at thirty. I moved closer to the North Pole for a 9-3 job. by ObieVIP
Me at thirty. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at thirty. I moved closer to the North Pole for a 9-3 job.


Me at thirty-one. Obliviously going through a mid-life crisis. My coworkers called this the Barbie Ferrari. by ObieVIP
Me at thirty-one. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at thirty-one. Obliviously going through a mid-life crisis. My coworkers called this the Barbie Ferrari.


Me at thirty-two, with my son. He fractured his wrist at Skydome, but that did't stop me from dragging him around the country to the Baseball Hall of Fame.


Me at thirty-three. No, I'm not on a hangover, I normally looked like that. by ObieVIP
Me at thirty-three. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at thirty-three. No, I'm not on a hangover, I normally looked like that.


Me at thirty-four. Traded in the beard, and curtains for a goatee. by ObieVIP
Me at thirty-four. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at thirty-four. Traded in the beard, and curtains for a goatee.


Me at thirty-five. Rocking out some karaoke with Pink Floyd. by ObieVIP
Me at thirty-five. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at thirty-five. Rocking out some karaoke with Pink Floyd.


Me at thirty-six. Senator, I deny those allegations, and what's more, I deny the alligator. by ObieVIP
Me at thirty-six. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at thirty-six. Senator, I deny those allegations, and what's more, I deny the alligator.


Me at thirty-seven. Does this tie make me look fat? by ObieVIP
Me at thirty-seven. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at thirty-seven. Does this tie make me look fat?


Me at thirty-eight. New Years Eve party, searching for intelligent life on this planet. by ObieVIP
Me at thirty-eight. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at thirty-eight. New Years Eve party, searching for intelligent life on this planet.


Me at thirty-nine, with my daughter. Why does she only cry whenever I sing to her.


Me at forty. Cruising the Caribbean, looking for Margaritaville. by ObieVIP
Me at forty. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at forty. Cruising the Caribbean, looking for Margaritaville.


Me at forty-one. Pink, it's the new black. by ObieVIP
Me at forty-one. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at forty-one. Pink, it's the new black.


Me at forty-two. Touring the Great Wall on my first trip to #China, can't wait til I get to the end of it. by ObieVIP
Me at forty-two. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at forty-two. Touring the Great Wall on my first trip to #China, can't wait til I get to the end of it.


Me at forty-three, with my wife Ling. She takes extremely good care of me, and if I screw up...she whacks me with the mop.


Me at forty-four. Bringing the Fab Four to the masses in #China, think of the 1.3 Billion potential iTunes downloads. by ObieVIP
Me at forty-four. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at forty-four. Bringing the Fab Four to the masses in #China, think of the 1.3 Billion potential iTunes downloads.


Me at forty-five. I'm not kidding, it really is this big. by ObieVIP
Me at forty-five. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at forty-five. I'm not kidding, it really is this big.


Me at forty-six. Domestic Goddess. by ObieVIP
Me at forty-six. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at forty-six. Domestic Goddess.


Me at forty-seven. It's Vegas baby. by ObieVIP
Me at forty-seven. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at forty-seven. It's Vegas baby.


Me at forty-eight. Doing what I do best, holding up the wall. by ObieVIP
Me at forty-eight. a photo by ObieVIP on Flickr.
Me at forty-eight. Doing what I do best, holding up the wall. This concludes my photo journal of a picture from each year of my life, at least for now since this is my current age. Of course I do hope to add more in the years to come...hehe maybe even 48 more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home