Poker Blog

Friday, December 09, 2005

Another Gay Friday Night in Vegas

Friday, I played in the 11:00 AM tournament at the Sahara. I really like the Sahara tournaments because they have no antes and lots of starting chips with 20 minute rounds. Not to mention all the fish. I finished in eighth place, in the money for a nice $120.

My friends Kevin & Amy arrived in Vegas around 2 PM, and I had set them up with a suite at the Venetian. I headed over to meet up with them to play some Craps and possibly see a show.

We saw Zumanity last year which I really liked, but Kevin thought was gay. There were some gay parts….and I mean gay like men kissing and rubbing each other, not gay like blogs. But, overall it was very artful and entertaining.

Well, this year we got tickets to the most un-gay show on the strip, Rodney Carrington from the ABC sitcom Rodney. Rodney is a cowboy, and a comedian, and he sings and plays guitar. He was pretty funny and catered to the cowboy rodeo audience at the Luxor.

After the show, Kevin & Amy retired and I headed over to the MGM Grand poker room with the other bloggers. They had several mixed tables running, thanks to Joaquin. I bounced around a bit and got to watch the famous Roshambo match between Phil Gordon and Mrs. Head. Hung out at the MGM sports book bar with Bill and Grubby, and Iggy, and others the rest of the evening. Called it a night around 4AM….had to get some sleep before the big WPBT Winter Classic on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home