Poker Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Lightening Strikes

Playing cash ring game on Poker Stars is not a good idea during a thunderstorm. After loosing $100 pot I get dealt pocket 10’s on the $1-$2 No Limit table. UTG bets $12 and I raise it to $26 in mid position, he calls. Flop comes [7s 2s Kc]. UTG bets $22, I raise it $22 to see where I’m at, he re-raises it $22 and I foolishly call. I’m pretty sure he has me beat with a King…..but I’m on tilt after loosing that other pot. Anyway the turn is my money card…[10h]. Just as it hits the screen……Ka-Boom!!!


Lightening strikes…..Thunder Booms….and Virginia Power drops out. The lights go out….the TV goes out…I’m on the laptop on battery so I can still see the Poker Stars table with $185 sitting in the pot, but the DSL modem and wireless router are both dark…..and I’m screwed.


The power came back on after about a minute…..but it took 3 or 4 minutes for the internet to recycle and connect back up. I was sure I had timed out and lost that $185, but to my surprise, I logged into my Poker Stars account and it took me right to my table….waiting for me to call a $12 bet. Holy cow, I couldn’t believe it. I was so happy to call. The River was the [7d], he bet $30, I raised all in for my final $51 and he called. He turned over Ks 5s. I took in a $314 pot with my lighting-bolt full house 10’s over 7’s.


I shut it all off as soon as possible after that one, whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home