Poker Blog

Saturday, June 04, 2005

WPBT Aladdin Classic

The World Poker Blogger Tour (WPBT) Aladdin Classic was epic.

71 bloggers took over the Aladdin poker room, and they treated us like celebrities.

We had an Emcee, photographers, fans, tourist on-lookers, cheering and screaming every time someone dropped the hammer. I had the honor of having Otis and AlCantHang at my table. I won a couple big hands and became the chip leader at the table. I played aggressively and bullied everyone to steal their chips.

I knocked out AlCantHang and won his bounty….a fine SoCo ballcap. Sucked out on Otis to eliminate him. The PokerProf, BG, and Poker Nerd joined my table. BG had about the same amount of chips as me and we both stayed out of each others way.

Got moved to another table with Allan, and Bill Rini, who was down to just a couple of chips. Eventually made the final table of 10. We got down to 6 and I was second in chips. CJ who was about to be blinded away went all in for his last couple of hundred. I looked down to find AJo and raised to T$6000. Matt, the chip leader smooth called.

Flop is A x x and I push all-in, about T$24,000. I figure if Matts got a pocket pair I now have him beat, if he has an Ace it must be with a weak kicker because he didn’t raise pre-flop. Well he turned over AQo and took the rest of my chips. CJ made a flush on the hand and stayed alive to begin his rush to the final 2. As you probably know by now, Bill Rini won. I finished 6th for $238.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bill Rini said...

Hey Obie,

Glad we finally got to meet and play together.

Bill

3:08 AM

 
Blogger peacecorn said...

Obie!

It was really great to get to meet you in Vegas. Next time, we're playing poker together!

10:06 AM

 
Blogger Easycure said...

It was good meeting you.....we had a fun time, huh?

6:51 PM

 
Blogger Chilly said...

Trying to put a face with the blog. I was in the one seat on table 12. Where were you?

5:14 PM

 
Blogger Obie said...

I was in Seat 4 on Table 12 at the WBPT. I drew Seat 1 at the final table.

11:13 PM

 
Blogger Charity Shill said...

Great time.

Looking forward to the next one. You played well in a tough game.

Allan

3:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home