Poker Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2005

I'm On A Roll!

I’m on a roll!

I host a weekly No Limit Hold’Em Tournament in my home every Friday night. It’s listed on http://www.homepokergames.com/ so we have a steady stream of new players interested in playing in a local tournament. Over the last six months or so it has grown from a small single table format of 6-7 players, to upwards of 30 people spread over 4 tables on some nights.

Tonight we had 14 players competing for a first place prize of $330. Second and third were $160 and $90 respectively. The final table wound up with some of the best players in the area as expected, all about even in chips. I made a big move when my Hilton Sisters held up against Baby Burns AK off suit. That put me in the chip lead with only 3 players left. I eliminated John W. when my A4 spiked an Ace on the river to beat his pocket 5’s. Three hands later I had all the chips when I beat DJ who was basically about to be blinded out.

Victory! It’s the first of the year for me in my own home tournament, ack!
But, I’ll take it, baby I’m on a roll!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home